top of page

Frequently Asked Questions




The Gun / Item I want is not on your website.  Can you get it?


We have access to thousands of guns, ammo, optics, shooting supplies and reloading supplies!  Gives us a call or email us with what you want.  Be specific.  We'll get back to you with availablitiy and price.


Can I sell my gun privately without going through an FFL Dealer?


Effective July 1, 2013 Colorado now requires all private party transfers to conduct a background check.  We are happy to provide this service for you.  Please contact us to make arrangements for the transfer.  You will need to bring the firearm you wish to transfer and the new buyer with you.


However, Colorado does allow the transfer of a firearm if it is a bona fide gift or loan between immediate famly members, which are limited to spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchilderen, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles.


What is considered valid ID?


The Identifiaction document provided by the purchaser must be current, have a photo of the purchaser, name, physical address, date of birth and must be issued by a government entity for the purpose of identification of induviduals. (e.g. Drivers Licencse)


If I have a Concealed Handgun Permit do I still have to get a background check to buy a firearm?




Can individuals run a background check on persons to whom they are transferring firearms?


No, as of July 1, 2013 a background check is required for all private transfer of firearms which must be conducted through a licensed fireams dealer (FFL).  We would be happy to provide this service for you.


What constitutes residency in a State?


The State of residence is the State in which an individual is present with the intention of making a home in that State. A member of the Armed Forces on active duty is a resident of the State in which his or her permanent duty station is located. If a member of the Armed Forces maintains a home in one state and the member's permanent duty station is in a nearby State to which he or she commutes each day, then the member may purchase a firearm in either the State where the duty station is located or the State where the home is maintained. A resident alien who is legally in the United States is considered to be a resident of a State only if the alien is residing in that State.


Do I have to be a resident of Colorado to purchase a Long Gun?


No, however it must be legal for you to own a firearm and comply with laws in your State of residence.


Do I have to be a resident of Colorado to purchase a handgun?




What are the age limits for buying a firearm?


You must be 18 years of age to puchase long guns (e.g. rifles and shotguns), 21 years of age to puchase a handgun.


Can I purchase a larger capacity magazine?


Currently in the State of Colorado you cannot purchase a "large capcity magazine".  A large capacity magazine is defined as a fixed or detatchable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that is designed to be readily converted to accept, more than fifteen rounds of ammunition.


If you wish to puchase magazines with a capacity of fifteen or less that is not a problem.


What makes me ineligible to buy a firearm?


If you have ever been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.


If you are under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.


If you are a Fugitive from Justice.


If you are an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.


If you have ever been ajudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution.


If you are illegally or unlawfully in the United States.


If you have been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.


If you having been a citizen of the United States, and have renounced U.S. citizenship.


If you are subject to a court order that restrains your from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.


If you have ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.


I work for Law Enforcment, do I need a background check?


If you are purchasing a firearm for offical use you must provide Certification on agency letterhead, signed by a person in authority within the agency, stating that the officer (you) will use the firearm in official duties and that a records check reveals that the purchasing officer (you) has no convictions for misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence.


If you do not bring a certified letter from your department you may still puchase a firearm, however a background check will be required.

Have another question?  Please click here to send us an email.  We will get you your answers!

If you would like more information regauding the laws base around purchasing a firearm you can visit the Colorado Bureau of Investigation or the AFT websites linked below.

bottom of page